Monday, September 10, 2007

Technorati

I have been playing around with Technorati for, let's see...2 hours now. There is a lot so look at. Here is what I found out when I searched for "learning 2.0" in different places....

  • In Blog Posts - I found individuals reactions to using web 2.0 technology. Some positive, some negative....lots of rambling! Not something I would want to read everyday.
  • In Blogs - I found links to complete blogs and websites focused on web 2.0 technology. This was much more interesting to me. I really found a lot to read, listen to and watch on www.librarybytes.com . I especially enjoyed the gmail video and Helene Blowers comentary on it! Also, the post about 10 Unlearning Items were very interesting - in light of all things "back to school " going on right now. Finally, her test run with animoto makes me want to find time to explore that site!
  • In Tag Search - I found lots of nasty links when I clicked on bbw. So I backed out & tried clicking on facebook. Its cool that you can choose a tab to narrow your search to blogs, posts, videos & photos OR have an overview. I finally found how to search for "learning 2.0" as a tag! You have to go into advanced search, and scroll down to Tag Search.
  • In Top Favorited Blog, Top Searches & Top Blogs - I found that boing boing, engadget & telecrunch were all on the top favorited blogs and top blogs lists. There is obviously a relationship between the 2 lists.

I can see how using technorati would be useful, if someone needed to search blogs. Maybe in the future this will become more of a need, but right now - its just extra.

No comments:

My Rollyo...

http://rollyo.com/sbwoll/reference_search/